- About Us
- Investment Opportunities
- Media Center
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY
The purpose is to assist the RAS in discharging administrative and human resources functions with the prime responsibility for supporting in all matters pertaining to administration, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, social and welfare programs, and employee counseling.
1. To head and coordinate the implementation of all functions of the section.
2. Serves as Secretariat support to the appointment “Ad hoc Committee” of the region.
3. To oversee and coordinate the implementation of administrative and human resources management functions in accordance with employment policy, Labor Relations Act, Public Service Act and Regulations, Standing Orders and other guidelines relevant to this functional area.
4. To coordinate and oversee provision of employees’ statutory benefits, compensation and welfare programs including safety, sports and culture as well as ensuring all staff are enrolled in NHIF.
5. To provide leadership in implementation of training and development programs for the employees in order to improve their skills and build workers loyalty.
6. To provide leadership in implementing ethics and value promotion activities including education on prevention of corruption and other unethical behaviors.
7. To coordinate implementation of diversity issues including gender, disability, HIV/AIDS in the RS.
8. To coordinate the staff recruitment process, placement, induction/orientation to new staff, confirmation and promotions.
9. To develop HR planning strategies in collaboration with other section heads, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements in terms of numbers, capacity and skill levels,
10. To provide advice and assistance to supervisors and staff, including but not limited to information on training needs and opportunities, job descriptions, performance reviews, employees rights and duties, employees relations and HRM policies.
11. To work closely with other section heads, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting them to understand and implement employment policies and 157 procedures, labor and employment legislations, regulations and guideline in managing staff under their authority.
12. To coordinate and supervise regular salary and designation reviews and ensure employees data are always updated and clean.
13. To provide support to staff to develop the skills and capabilities by ensuring that accurate job descriptions are in place and given to each staff; providing advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations; identifying training and development opportunities; organizing staff training sessions, workshops and activities; processing employee requests for training while complying with policies and procedures; providing basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles and; providing advice and assistance to other section heads in developing human resource plans.
14. To monitor staff performance and attendance by monitoring daily attendance; investigating and understanding causes for staff absences; recommending solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties, providing advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
15. To provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resource and work related issues by developing and implementing a human resources plan and regularly disseminating human resources management policies and procedures; promoting workplace safety; explaining to management and staff the employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labor standards and fair practice etc and; arranging for repairs of computers and other office equipment and organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
16. To supervise the implementation of open performance review and appraisal system (OPRAS) to ensure timely completion.
17. To deal with and implement disciplinary procedures.
18. To handle employees’ complaints or grievances about the workplace environment, other employees or superiors, harassment, hostile work environment, dangerous work environment or abuses of authorities, and take appropriate action based on the validity of the complaint or grievance.
19. Any other duty as directed by RAS.
Njombe Nearby Ruhuji River
Postal Address: P.O.Box 668-Njombe